The Composed Sport Bike
Hop on the Scout and you’re immediately transformed into a projectile.
The Scout will awaken your inner child. Manual here, scrub that, skid there, pedal up this. Freedom to boost everything in sight, overshoot every landing without a care, mixed with nose bonking and hooting your way down the trail. Sporty, but just as eager to tackle bigger terrain. The Scout’s trail charisma is infectious and will cause you to look at your regular trails through a new perspective. Pedal up and repeat.
GIDDYUP SUSPENSION DESIGN
Transition wanted to make it as easy as possible to experience great rear suspension performance. The GiddyUp suspension system is designed to behave intuitively whether you’re setup correctly or not. Because, they get it, sometimes life gets in the way, and you’ve got to grab your bike and GiddyUp without checking your setup. When you do, it will still feel good.
They did this by balancing a 25% progressive leverage curve with a consistent linear rate of change. Anti-squat is tuned to enhance pedaling performance and acceleration. Overall chain growth is moderate and reduces after sag so chain tension doesn’t get in the way of the suspension working.
This translates to killer small bump compliance and great mid-stroke support that gradually transitions into an end of stroke ramp that is subtle, yet supportive. The amount of consistent progression is carefully optimized for both air and coil shocks. Riders are able to add or remove volume spacers in air shocks to suite their individual riding style and there is no compromise to bottom out support with coil shocks. The Scout has 140mm of rear wheel travel when used with the supplied 205mm x 57.5mm stroke shock. It is also possible to install a longer, 205mm x 62.5mm stroke shock, to increase the rear wheel travel to 150mm.
A wide usable sag range of 25 – 35% allows the rider to tune the feel of the bike; from poppy and playful, to planted for plowing. Wherever you end up, you can focus on the trail without remotes, levers or knobs. Just grab your bike and GiddyUp.
- Lifetime Warranty – At Transition Bikes we take pride in the quality of our products. The Carbon Scout now comes with a lifetime warranty for the original owner and our stellar crash replacement program. We got your back so you don’t have to worry about your bike.
- All Carbon Construction – Full carbon frame made from premium Japanese Toray fiber with a tailored blend of 24T and 30T materials to create the right balance of frame stiffness, strength, and impact toughness. Our unique latex coated EPS molding process allows for sharper frame lines and tighter edge radius control with maximum strength to weight ratio and less wasted material.
- Pivot Technology – Collet main pivot technology improves rear end stiffness and keeps your pivot hardware tight. Additional bearing shields prevent main pivot bearing contamination when washing your bike or riding in wet conditions.
- Frame Protection – We keep your bike rides quiet and your frame safe from damage with fully integrated, flush-mounted rubber frame protection at all critical areas. In addition to downtube and seatstay protection, the ribbed chainstay protector features expanded coverage of the rear dropout pivot area.
- Badass Bearings – We exclusively use EnduroMAX suspension pivot specific bearings in standard sizes that are readily available worldwide. Dual bearings are used at the dropout pivots for frame stiffness and additional c-clips lock the rocker bearings in place under torsional loads.
- Gear Accessory Mount – Our underside top-tube accessory mount allows you to carry a spare tube or other goodies safely on your frame in case you are looking to ditch the backpack.
- Mega Seatpost Insertion – Dropper posts keep getting longer so we combine short seat tube lengths with mega seatpost insertion to help get your saddle completely out of the way.
- Tire Clearance – Ample clearance for mud and tires up to 2.6″ width.
- User Friendly Cable Routing – To simplify maintenance and keep your bike noise free, the rear derailleur cable is routed through guide tubes in the front triangle and chainstay.
- Threaded BB – A standard 73mm threaded bottom bracket shell makes crankset maintenance hassle-free and prevents unwanted press-fit BB related noises.
- Press In Headset – Our ZS44/ZS56 press in headset gives you the freedom to use angle adjust headsets if you feel the need to make your bike a touch slacker or a touch steeper. Angleset headset does not come with framesets or complete bikes.
- Water Bottle Compatibility – We keep your water bottle clean inside the front triangle so you can keep hydrated without worrying about mud making it to your mouth.