THE MOUNTAIN BIKERS EBIKE
Living in uncharted territory, the Relay is a lightweight, mid-power ebike here for all of your rides, battery or human powered. From square one the Relay was built with modularity in mind. Starting with a frame that accommodates 160 or 170 travel front and rear, as well as dual 29 or mixed wheels, this bike is ready for any trail you point it down. At the core of this chariot is the Fazua Ride 60 system that provides 60nm of power to get you up the hill, with a 430 wh battery to keep you going for miles on end. We have always wanted a bike that could provide both an ebike and a human powered experience in one chassis, and this is it. This system is light, efficient, and quiet, providing a more intuitive and natural feel on trail than many expect from a powered ride. The Relay is here to meet all of your mountain biking needs.
TWO BIKES IN ONE
The Relay can be ridden as an ebike, or a non-powered bike by simply removing the battery. The drive unit has such minimal drag that when you ride it powered off and without the battery, you’ll quickly forget you still have a motor in your frame. During our development process we tested it without the battery and found very little difference even with the small amount of added weight from the motor that stays low and centered. This aspect of the Relay opens up avenues that many haven’t addressed before. It fills the desires of a rider looking for the ebike experience, while also allowing riders to remove the battery to pedal with friends not on ebikes, shuttle, ride the bike park, or ride in areas not accessible to ebikes. You can quickly open the tool free battery door, remove the battery from the frame, and let your legs do the rest. We think many riders are currently faced with the decision to purchase either an ebike or a non-powered bike, not both, and the Relay will be their answer.
FAZUA RIDE 60 MOTOR
he Fazua Ride60 system has 60Nm of torque and 450W peak power with virtually no drag. This creates a very efficient system that punches far above what its numbers would suggest. With the smooth power delivery and extremely quiet motor, the Relay is one of the most intuitive and natural feeling ebikes, pushing the ride experience closer to that of a non-powered bike.
FAZUA ENERGY 430WH BATTERY
The 430Wh battery is easily swappable and provides range similar to what we are finding on larger battery, higher power ebikes. An external range extender will be available in the future.
FAZUA RING CONTROLLER
The simple and ergonomic ring controller has three ways of movement, up, down and inward. Pushing up increases the power level, while pushing inward will activate walk mode. Additionally, holding the controller up will activate boost mode, giving you peak power output for roughly ten seconds of boost
The simple interface on the top tube consists of 5 led lights to give you an indication of power mode, battery life and a connection port for your phone or other device. Out of the box the Relay has three power modes, Breeze, River and Rocket. Breeze mode provides enough assistance to well overcome the additional weight of the bike and is very usable in many situations where you are not trying to go much faster than normal biking pace. River mode is preset to match the amount of energy you are delivering to the pedals, providing a natural feel that can deliver across the range of power. Rocket mode provides full system power to help tackle the steepest and most challenging terrain.
RELAY VS RELAY PNW – The Relay and Relay PNW are built off the same platform, both with the ability to be run at 160 or 170 travel front and rear, dual 29 or mixed wheel. Riders can choose the Relay with dual 29 and 160 travel for a more balanced, trail bike feel, or chase their burly trail dreams with the heavy hitting Relay PNW with 170 travel and mixed wheels. The Relay was purpose built to be ridden hard, so we spec’d it with components to match the intent of our customers. Full bike weights with battery start at roughly 43lbs, or 37lbs without the battery. Making both the Relay and Relay PNW two of the lightest, heavy hitting ebikes on the market
- Rideable w/o The Battery – With modularity in mind, riders can choose if they want a powered or non-powered experience for their ride.
- Tool Free Removable Battery – Quickly remove the battery without the use of any tools.
- Flip Chip On the Lower Shock Mount – The flip chip adjusts the geometry according to what rear wheel size is installed, 29 or 27.5.
- Tire Clearance – Up to 2.6”
- Gear Accessory Mount – All Relay frames come equipped with a gear accessory mount on the underside of the top tube.
- Chainring Backguard – Designed in-house, the forged spider bashguard keeps the chain, chainring and frame safe from impacts.
- Cable Routing – Fully internal cable routing is a breeze with easy access through the battery door, while ports in the headtube keep it quick and easy to work on the headset.
- Long Dropper Insertion – With an uninterrupted seat tube, you are free to drop your post all the way to the collar, allowing for long droppers on every size.
- UDH – The Relay utilizes Sram’s universal derailleur hanger.
- Coil and Air Compatible – With 26% progression, the rear suspension is fully compatible with both air and coil shocks without worrying about harsh bottom out
- Water Bottle Compatible – A water bottle ts inside the front triangle on MD-XXL sizes.
|WHEEL SIZE||XS 27.5″, Other Sizes 29″ or Mixed|
|SIZES||XS, SM, MD, LG, XL, XXL|
|FRAME BEARINGS||2x 6903, 2x 6902, 4x 6802, 2x 3802, 2x 6900|
|FORK AXLE TO CROWN||XS 558-568mm, Other Sizes 578-588mm|
|FORK OFFSET||44mm (XS 37mm)|
|REAR SHOCK SIZE||205mm x 60mm for 160mm, 205mm x 65mm for 170mm|
|SHOCK HARDWARE||Trunnion Top / 30mm x 8mm Bottom|
|BB SHELL||Fazua Ride 60 System|
|CHAINLINE||53.5mm (Compatible with 52-55mm)|
|REAR BRAKE MOUNT||Carbon 180mm Post Mount, Alloy 200mm Post Mount, Max Rotor Size 223mm|
|REAR AXLE||Transition 12mm x 148mm for SRAM UDH|
|SEAT CLAMP||37mm Carbon, 34.9mm Alloy|
|MAX CHAINRING SIZE||36t at 55mm Chainline|
|MAX TIRE SIZE||29 x 2.6 (XS 27.5 x 2.6|
|REAR SHOCK PROGRESSION||25.2% – 25.8%|